IT Technical Writer-Business Analyst
IT TECHNICAL WRITER/BUSINESS ANALYST
Clear Markets is a leading developer and operator of global high frequency electronic financial markets for the world’s most sophisticated investment banks and hedge funds. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, we operate around the world with offices in Tokyo, London, and New York.
Lead by former Wall Street derivatives traders, we are actively recruiting technology professionals to join our leading-edge team to support the expansion of our global trading systems.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our applications. You will join a talented team that includes business subject matter experts, and GUI & server developers who work collaboratively to ensure the success of the financial applications being developed. Responsibilities are:
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit complex technical documentation ensuring that the documentation is clear, concise and accurate.
- Research, develop and document business requirements, technical design specifications, test scripts and end user manuals.
- Research, evaluate and recommend new documentation tools and methods in support of documentation improvement efforts
- Responsible for research, coordination and production of periodic client release notes, product tip sheets and online help content
- Edit existing written documentation of development and other IT staff to create unified and consistent support documents.
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals including on-line help scripts.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature.
- College degree in Computer Science, Technical Writing, English, Communication or related relevant field.
- 5+ years of technical documentation experience preferably in a financial environment.
- Must have ability to produce documentation for GUI and server development as well as writing test scripts to include ability to diagram applications. Will also be producing user guides/manuals and online help instructions.
- Must have excellent English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure abilities in order to write clear and accurate documents.
- High attention to detail, strong organization skills, plus ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Basic familiarity with SDLC and software development
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical and financial concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Strong working knowledge of the following:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- MS Visio
- Photoshop (desired)
- HTML (helpful)
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com
and identify the position for which they are applying.