Location: Charlotte, NC
Clear Markets is a leading developer and operator of global high frequency electronic financial markets for the world’s most sophisticated investment banks and hedge funds. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina we operate around the world with offices in Tokyo, London and New York.
Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for building and enhancing an electronic trading platform for interest rate swaps and will be involved in the entire life cycle from requirements gathering to end-user installation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate and drive software development life cycle.
• Review requirements, design, develop, test and prepare for releases.
• Architect complex software engineering solutions with an emphasis on creating highly performant services.
• Apply design patterns and object oriented techniques.
• Lead other team members in design and coding phases. Participate in code review and team design sessions.
• Assist in builds, configuration management and source control.
• Communicate with other team members as well as upper management effectively and clearly.
• Liaise with QA to ensure a quality product is delivered to customers.
Extensive Knowledge and experience in:
5+ years – Java server side application development
2+ years – Java multithreaded application development
FIX experience desired
Service Oriented Architecture
JMS or other messaging technologies
Unix shell scripting
Assorted XML technologies (e.g. JAXB, XPath, etc.)
Continuous integration servers (preferably Jenkins)
Relational Database ( MySQL, Sybase, Oracle)
Knowledge and some experience working with relational databases necessary
Excellent problem solving skills
Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering.