Sr. UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator (Charlotte and Tokyo)
We are looking for two Sr. UNIX/Linux Systems Administrators (one in Charlotte and one in Tokyo) to support our global electronic trading system.
- Implement, troubleshoot, upgrade and patch Linux systems
- Perform standard system administration tasks as necessary to keep a system up and running. This includes the tuning of the operating system to achieve maximum functionality in the networking environments in which the system is installed.
- Implement, troubleshoot and upgrade Enterprise storage environments, and backup and recovery environments
- Work closely with the system/software vendors to install and support the latest software and hardware
- Write, debug and maintain automation scripts as needed using UNIX Shell Scripting
- Perform in a team oriented atmosphere working with end users, developers and other system administrators to determine the best possible method of supporting the system
- Work closely with members of the operations, technology and management teams to provide input for problem solving and to facilitate future growth of the business.
- 5+ years of Linux administration and server hardware. Ability to handle troubleshooting, automatic scheduling, monitoring, system configuration, tuning and optimization and performance analysis.
- Strong UNIX Shell Scripting skills
- In-depth server virtualization and clustering experience
- Capacity and disaster recovery planning
- Networking and security
- Windows server and workstation support including MS Exchange
- BS in Information Systems or related program
- Excellent troubleshooting techniques
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Candidate for Tokyo office must be fluent in English and Japanese
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com
and identify the position for which they are applying.