For Japanese and other non-US persons, Clear Markets offers electronic trading services though Clear Markets Japan KK. Clear Markets Japan KK is a an approved ETP (Electronic Trading Platform) Operator by Japan’s Financial Services Agency (Registration Number 2864).
In Japan, Clear Markets ETP is distributed across the Nikkei Group’s QUICK highly secure and dedicated electronic financial information system. With an installed base of over 50,000 terminals in Japan, QUICK’s buy-side client network is more than three times larger than the next largest electronic financial network in Japan.
What is an Electronic Trading Platform (ETP)?
An Electronic Trading Platform (ETP) is an electronic trading system for interest rate swaps regulated by Japan’s Financial Services Agency. In Japan, some swap participants are required to trade certain swaps on an ETP from September 1, 2015.
Clients can choose to execute their transactions via our:
- Anonymous Central Limit Order Book (CLOB)
- Name disclosed Request for Quote
- Voice managed Third-Party Trading
Clients can trade:
- Cleared and non-cleared swaps
- Customized swaps: Vanilla /Non-Vanilla, IMM dates, non-standard conventions
- Authorized DCOs: Japan Securities Clearing Corp. (JSCC) and the London Clearing House (LCH)
The Clear Markets system is designed to accommodate authorized customer and agency models.